2014年4月13日星期日

Gigaa Diode Laser For Spider Vein Removal Treatment

HOW I TREAT TELANGIECTASIAS (SMALL VARIX or SPIDER VEINS).

1) The treatment of choice of telangiectasias (spider vein) is sclerotherapy. I use Hipertonic Saline 20-23 % to make sclerotherapy with very good results. It  is cheap, well tolerated, with good results, and it isn’t allergic at all.
2) When the needle can’t be introduced inside the vessel, then I use the Cheese 10 w laser.
3) The  finest needles that I can get, here in Uruguay, are needle 30 G (0,2 mm) so I use the laser in vessels smaller than 0,2 mm.

 NOW,  IN THE PRESENT TIME, I’M  USING THE LASER IN THIS WAY:

1) I set the power at 10 Watts.
2) I use the laser in pulsed mode.  Pulses of 40-70 milliseconds (sometimes a little larger), and delay of 40 milliseconds between every pulse. This is to fulfil   with the TRT (“thermal relaxation time”) of the vessels (that is 30 -40 milliseconds)
3) I use the 1 mm focus hand piece in almost all the cases.
4) I have substituted the foot switch for a hand switch (a small interruptor button) to make little shots of 300 – 500 milliseconds approximately. This is to make the laser machine shoots several pulses of 40 – 70 milliseconds, during a period of 300 - 500 milliseconds. (please, see the second attached file)
5) I’m planning to make and interpose a little ”electronic gadget” (a square wave generator) so every time you press the footswitch (or the button hand switch) the laser will be shooting automatically during a period of 200 , 300, 400, 500 milliseconds, (in a similar way as an IPL works: several pulses every time you press the button) .
6) I treat the spider veins in two ways; 
a) I put the focus hand piece (1mm) over the spider vein and make a very short shoot until a little piece of varix disappear. Next I move the hand piece a little,  and make another shoot, and so on.
b) The second way is faster: I make with one hand a little shoot and glide the focus hand piece along the telangiectasia for a distance  of 1 or 2 centimeters.  Usually I have to pass two times over the telangiectasia (sometimes, three)  and the telangiectasia disappears.  (maybe, if the laser had more power, only one pass would be sufficient) 
7) Working in this manner, the procedure is very well tolerated, and is almost totally unpainful  (without any pain) without any anesthetics.
8) Sometimes I use ice packs to diminish the redness that sometimes is produced over the treated area.
9) I don’t use the laser  to make endovenous laser treatment for larger veins. I’m not convinced that endovenous laser treatment of larger veins provides any additional  benefits over Müller Phlebectomy, combined with slerotherapy or  vein extirpation by mini incisions. 
10) As I said before, I promise next week, I will send you some pictures  

donna@gigaalaser.com

没有评论:

发表评论